Date(s) - 02/19/2022 - 02/27/2022
Brattleboro’s Winter Carnival will be held Feb. 19–27, with a full program of events all week!
While the Artful Ice Shanties are on display, BMAC and Retreat Farm will present a full schedule of related events at Retreat Farm:
- Ice skating on the Retreat Meadows, daily (conditions permitting). Bring your own skates.
- Hot cocoa served daily, Feb. 19–27
- Roaring fire pit at Retreat Farm, Feb. 21–27, 2–5 p.m.
- Snowshoe rental, Feb. 24–27, $10. Reserve your snowshoes in advance, or bring your own snowshoes, boots, or cross-country skis and traverse the Retreat Farm trails, dawn to dusk. Be sure to visit Carlos the ox and the other outdoor animals.
- Pop-Up Art with Robin, Feb. 24–27, noon–3 p.m. Hands-on art projects from painted rocks to salt-dough portraits.
- Pop-up Beer Garden hosted by Thirsty Goat Bar, Feb. 24–27, 3–6 p.m. at Retreat Farm’s Yellow Farmhouse, featuring $5 Vermont craft beers, ciders and wines, as well as make-your-own s’mores.
- Brattleboro’s Annual Ice Fishing Derby, Retreat Meadows, Feb. 26, 6 a.m.–3 p.m. Registration starts at 5:30 a.m. on the ice.
- Introduction to Ice Fishing clinics, Feb. 26 (two clinics offered, 9–noon and 12:15–3 p.m.) presented by the Vermont Fish and Wildlife Department. Registration required.
- Drop-in snow snake workshop, Feb. 26, noon–1:45 p.m. Hosted by Gedakina, a nonprofit network serving Native American/indigenous youth, women, and families in New England. Snow snake is a traditional game played by Abenaki and other tribal nations.
- Snow snake competition, Feb. 27, noon–3 p.m., hosted by the Elnu Abenaki Band. All are welcome. Refreshments and snacks will be provided. Snow snakes will be available for those who wish to participate.