Date(s) - 04/20/2023 - 06/30/2023
12:00 am - 11:59 pm
The Peterborough Night Market in conjunction with the MAXT Makerspace and Friends of Public Art, is hosting a Sculpture Exhibition in Downtown Peterborough, NH. We are looking for five sculptures that will be displayed around Downtown from August 1 through October 10. The sculptures will also be a highlighted feature of the Peterborough Night Market, which occurs on the evening of Friday, August 11.
Sculptors of all backgrounds/mediums/experience levels are encouraged to participate. You must be able to transport your sculpture to and from the site location and install/de-install it. The deadline for the application is 11:59pm June 30th. We hope artists from all over the New England area will apply.
Applications will be reviewed by a jury of local artisans in the Monadnock Region. Those selected will receive a stipend of $250. We recognize this is a small amount, and will not cover your time or materials, but this is our first year. We will be fundraising for this project, with the express aim to increase award sizes in the future.
- Fall within the designated theme of Retro/Funk/Psychedelic and generate wonder when being viewed.
- Have a maximum height and width of 6’x 4’
- Not include political topics, or profanity, discussion of an behavior or activity that is illegal in the State of New Hampshire, and must be “G” Rated
- Have a secure base that can be temporarily anchored down. Artists will be responsible for safely securing the sculpture to the site location. MAXT will be able to provide support in creating a concrete base to secure the sculpture if needed.
- Be installed and removed by the artist within a designated time frame.
- Installation plans will need to be approved by the site owner once the artist/location is assigned.
- Sculpture materials must be able to weather the elements that New Hampshire skies provide.
- Applications can either be mailed to 49 Vose Farm Rd unit 110, Peterborough, NH 03458 OR e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by End of Day Friday June 30th
- Please include a single page description of the sculpture that clearly describes the sculpture, and how it relates to the theme listed at the top of this Call. Please include the size, color(s), and weight of the piece, all artists working on the project, cost (Cost to make, hours spent, and sale price), why are you interested in participating, your approach to installing/logistics, what the base is made of, and how it needs to be fastened to the ground.
- Photos of the sculpture or of the design renderings, showing all angles
- Artist resume or CV and at least two professional references.
- Please include references of previous work in application
- Previously completed sculptures, or proposed designs are happily accepted!
- 18+ of age
- Live and work in New England
- Artists teams are eligible.
- Applications are due at 11:59pm, Eastern time on 6/30/2023.
- The review process will be completed by the first week of July.
- Artists will be notified in the second week of July
- Installation will take place July 31 through August 2
- Deinstallation will take place the week of October 9
To learn more about the town of Peterborough, please visit their website and virtual town tour. We also encourage anyone applying to walk the Main Street and get a feel for the downtown landscape and the businesses in town. https://www.peterboroughnh.gov/community/about_peterborough/interactive_walking_tour.php