Date(s) - 02/08/2023 - 04/15/2023
Monadnock United Way (MUW) announced the launch of this tax season’s MyFreeTaxes.com site. For the 13th year, United Way is providing online tax filing software, accessible through MyFreeTaxes.com, to help taxpayers easily and accurately file their taxes from their computer or smartphone. MyFreeTaxes® is a free and easy way to file federal and state tax returns for free.
“Taxes can be a source of confusion and stress for many Americans,” Kate Cote, Volunteer & Community Engagement Manager at MUW. “A lot of us are intimidated by the complexities of taxes and afraid to make a mistake that will cost money. With MyFreeTaxes, you can take advantage of all the tax credits and deductions you qualify for.”
Key features of the online tool include:
- Screens for credit and deduction eligibility such as the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit to ensure filers receive their maximum tax refund, and lets filers check for any missed stimulus payments
- Shows filers how and why their refund amount is changing in real time
- Allows individuals to use their mobile phone, tablet or computer to file taxes
- Help from a real person trained by the IRS via the MyFreeTaxes’ Helpline.
- Access to additional financial products and resources, including free access to a student debt management tool that will help employees easily lower payments or find loan forgiveness.
MyFreeTaxes is FREE for all returns and includes schedule C options. A list of the tax forms included in this free offering is available by visiting MyFreeTaxes.com. MyFreeTaxes users can also contact Monadnock United Way for additional resources or to find ways to volunteer to support the community.