Are you looking for additional ways to support the community? Stay #KeeneStrong with these resources:
Staying Safe While Supporting Local
- Order online or over the phone whenever possible. Limit your direct contact and practice social distancing. Let your inner introvert out! Most businesses are actively communicating through phone, email, and their social media.
- Get the To-Do List done. Have you been thinking about buying that membership or signing the kids up for a class? Look at all the free time on your hands! Do it now. Book that birthday party in advance, finally sign up for guitar lessons, etc.
- Tip well. Remember the delivery driver when you order your pizza or have your items sent to your home.
- It is suggested now to wear a mask every time you leave your home. There are many no-sew ways to make one, click here for more info from the CDC.
Not sure where else to turn? Dial 211 on your phone for assistance
Resources for Children
Are the kids at home looking for something to do? Here are some great ideas:
- Write letters or make pictures for the residents at Genesis in Keene:
Genesis Healthcare Keene Center
677 Court Street
Keene, NH 03431
We feel like these kids deserve something extra special. So we created a virtual area “yearbook” to showcase all the wonderful graduating Seniors throughout this area!
Share your Senior today….and you just might hear about them on the air during the month of May!
Are you in need of food assistance or looking to donate?
- Feeding Tiny Tummies, A 501c3 Non-Profit program to fight against childhood hunger and works with local schools in Cheshire and Sullivan County to provide meals to children on weekends, breaks, and summers away from school- is accepting food donations at their 180 Emerald Street Location (they have a food donation box by their door on the 2nd floor). OR- You can drop off a donation to Noyes Volkswagen on Production Ave in Keene! They will have a bin in their showroom to collect for Feeding Tiny Tummies. (they are open M-F 10a-6p and Sat 9a-5p)
Donation suggestions: granola bars, goldfish, juice boxes, animal crackers, peanut butter crackers, raisins, etc.
Or, make a monetary donation here: https://www.feedingtinytummies.com/donate . They are also offering FREE FOOD via drive-up throughout the area. No questions asked. See their Facebook page for schedule of when/where. If YOU are in need of food help for the tiny tummy in your life, please reach out to 762-5890 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a child in any of the local Public SAU’s, please check with your district- many are offering FREE MEALS for the students.
The New Hampshire Food Bank: Go here to inquire about assistance or to donate!
Meals on Wheels are being delivered to senior citizens (60+)in Chesterfield, Fitzwilliam, Gilsum, Hinsdale, Jaffrey, Keene, Marlborough, Rindge, Roxbury, Sullivan, Surry, Swanzey, Troy, Westmoreland and Winchester. Service may also be extended to other towns during this time. For information call Home Healthcare, Hospice and Community Services at 352-2253.
Grab and Go is available for seniors at the Friendly Meals dining rooms in Keene at the Garden Café, Hinsdale and Jaffrey. Reservations are needed two days prior to the meal. This is a hot meal with dessert and milk. Menus are available at HCSservices.org; or by calling 352-2253.
The Community Kitchen on Mechanic St in Keene will stay open.
- Evening meals are served as take-out from 5 pm – 6.20 pm Monday to Friday, with lunch on Sunday from 11 am – 12 noon.
- Pantry hours are Wednesday 12.30 pm – 5 pm and Thursday 11.30 am – 4 pm. We are limiting the number of people in the building at one time so there may be a longer wait than usual.
All questions or queries 603 352 3200
Make a Monetary Donation by clicking here.
Friendly Bus transportation for seniors is available in the City of Keene for grocery shopping, essential necessities and medical appointments. Physical distancing is used on the buses and the vehicles are sanitized regularly. Call 352-2253 for reservations. Service is available on a donation basis.
City Express public transportation is operating one bus on a modified schedule to medical appointments, grocery shopping and services Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm. For the complete schedule, visit HCSservices.org.